Bolibear
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete]

2 posters

Go down

Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete] Empty Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete]

Post  Toonick Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 am

Spoiler:

NOCTURNE THE ETERNAL NIGHTMARE

Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete] 2u7n449

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my guide on Nocturne, the eternal nightmare. Nocturne is a top tier jungler who excels at ganking throughout the game and forces the enemy team to play defensively or face the consequences.The reason behind this is that Nocturne's ultimate Paranoia allows him to jump into fights from almost anywhere.

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

Strengths:
  • AD steroid with Duskbringer
  • Incredible ganks with the use of Paranoia
  • Umbra Blades makes clearing creeps much faster
  • Able to defend against most counter jungling well
  • Spell shield with Shroud of Darkness
  • Fast clear times give you the option of counter jungling

Weaknesses:
  • Melee Champion, can be kited if you miss your Duskbringer

Runes

I find the following set of runes ideal for early game jungling and mid to late game survivability.

Rune setup:
Marks: I take Greater Marks of Armor Penetration so I can deal almost true damage to the jungle creeps.
Seals: I take Greater Seals of Armor to help mitigate some of the early creep damage.
Glyphs: I take Greater Glyphs of scaling magic resist as they provide better Magic resist for mid to late game
Quintessences: I take Greater Quintessences of Movement speed.

Optional:
I occasionally take Greater Marks of Attack speed, in which case I swap out my Movement speed quintessences for Greater Quintessences of Armor penetration. I find that my original rune setup is better for early ganks or counter jungling as you can get around the map slightly faster. This optional rune setup is usually best for more passive jungle farming.

Masteries

I take a 21/09/00 setup when it comes to masteries. This is due to Nocturne being a carry type jungler and I beleive Nocturne should be dealing alot of damage and destroying the enemies carry. The offensive mastery tree provides a good boost to Nocturnes damage potential which is too good to pass up. The defensive mastery tree aids in farming the jungle early game more effectively.

Abilities

Nocturnes Kit is built to jump on an enemy and stick to them until they are dead.

Duskbringer

Shroud of Darkness

Unspeakable Horror

Paranoia

Items

Starting items: Hunters Machete and 5 Health Pots.
Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete] Huntersmachete AND Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete] Healthpotion

This is just the standard starting item path I take, in about 80% of the games I play.

Last edited by Toonick on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:12 am; edited 10 times in total
Toonick
Toonick

Back to top Go down

Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete] Empty Re: Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete]

Post  HugglePuffle Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:45 am

did you fall asleep half way through writing this or something?
HugglePuffle
HugglePuffle
Admin

https://bolibear.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete] Empty You do realise...

Post  Toonick Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:50 am

HugglePuffle wrote:did you fall asleep half way through writing this or something?

I have no way of saving it on the system and must regularly release the unfinished version.

Last edited by Toonick on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toonick
Toonick

Back to top Go down

Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete] Empty Re: Nocturne - Veiled Assault (In-depth Jungle guide) [Status:Incomplete]

Post  HugglePuffle Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:13 am

ok
HugglePuffle
HugglePuffle
Admin

https://bolibear.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down